Umbilicoplasty (Naval Reshaping)
Umbilicoplasty is a minor cosmetic surgery procedure that involves correcting the navel’s position, shape or size. It is usually done for aesthetic purposes to reshape a badly shaped navel naturally formed at birth or to correct an umbilical hernia. Naval reshaping can also be done to enhance a tummy tuck or abdominal liposuction, to repair a belly button changed due to surgery, injury, ageing or weight loss and to reposition the belly button.
- Umbilicoplasty is generally performed under local anesthesia but a sedative may also be given. The duration of the procedure is about an hour.
- To change the position of the belly button, the skin around it is removed and it is repositioned.
- To alter the shape of the belly button; small incisions are made in and around it and then it is re-shaped.
- Recovery time for Umbilicoplasty is very short. Patient can return home an hour after the surgery and can resume normal activities within a day.
- Post surgery bruising and pain are almost non-existent.
- Take rest for a day before resuming normal day to day activities.
You are a suitable candidate for an Umbilicoplasty if
- You have a badly shaped navel naturally formed at birth.
- You have an umbilical hernia
- You want to enhance a tummy tuck or abdominal liposuction
- You are in good physical and mental health
- You are not a diabetic or have a heart condition
- You are over 18 years
Before / After Images for Umbilicoplasty (Naval Reshaping)
No images available
Frequently Asked questions
What is the procedure for Umbilicoplasty?
Umbilicoplasty is performed under a local anesthesia. To change the position of the belly button, the skin around it is removed and navel is repositioned.
What are the risks associated the surgery?
As with all surgery, there is a possibility of bleeding and infection.
What is the recovery time for Umbilicoplasty?
And the recovery period is usually 1 day.
What kind of anesthesia is used in Umbilicoplasty ?
In Umbilicoplasty surgery a local anesthetic with a sedative is used.
How long does a surgery last?
The surgery will take approximately 1 hour.
When can I return to work after the surgery?
You can return to work the next day after the surgery.