Dermarolling or MicroNeedling is a cosmetic procedure that focuses on natural cell regeneration and it is an excellent technique to improve your skin texture, reduce the appearance of acne scars, stretch marks and hyperpigmentation.
Consult us at Divine Proportions to achieve the scar free skin you have always wanted.
- The skin is cleansed and a topical anesthetic is administered.
- A derma roller with very fine needles is used to pierce the top layer of the skin to create thousands of channels through the epidermis and increase the formation of new tissue by activating the body’s wound healing response. The micro channels promote scar-less healing and formation of normal collagen.
- The controlled injury underneath the skin's surface caused by the roller induces the body to produce more collagen which plumps and thickens the skin thereby reducing the appearance of scars, stretch marks and pigmentation.
- Immediately after the treatment you are likely to have red and puffy skin; however this subsides within 2- 3 days.
- You will immediately a reduction in the scars, pigmentation and stretch marks.
- Avoid the sun exposure immediately after the treatment.
You are a suitable candidate for Derma rolling treatment if
- You have acne scars
- Stretch marks
- Do not have an infection
- Do not have active acne or open wounds
Before / After Images for Dermaroller
No images available
Frequently Asked questions
How is scar reduction, pigmentation reduction and stretch mark reduction done with derma rolling?
A derma roller with very fine needles is rolled on the skin to pierce the epidermis. This stimulates the production of collagen thereby plumping and thickening the skin to reduce or fade acne scars, pigmentation and stretch marks
How long do I have to be in the hospital?
You can return home immediately after the procedure.
Does the procedure hurt?
You might experience slight discomfort but not actual pain.
What results can I expect?
Within a week of the treatment you will notice visible reduction of scars and pigmentation.
Will I have scars?
What are the expected risks?
You may experience redness for 2-3 days.
How much does the procedure cost?
You doctor will be able to give you an estimate after examining your skin.